old 'new' OS/2 user

RICHARD BARAN

Nov 23, 2003, 5:14:50 PM11/23/03
Hey all, I cut my teeth on OS/2 back in the early 90's with warp3. I sold
that computer, and it's OS to a buddy, and it took until 2001 to find a
copy(of warp 4) again. I've spent the past 2 years fumbling with getting it
to install on ANYTHING...a few weeks ago I got an old T2000 mini-desktop
from my dad. I spent a week beating up the BIOS, cleaning it, formatting
it, running Win95, 98, and XP on it to see what would work. Last night I
got fed up and for the heck of it threw the OS/2 disks in...it's finishing
up the installation now!!!

I can't believe how easily it installed once it found a computer it liked!
However, I'm not stopping there. I intend to get it up on my network, which
is using a P4 winXP machine as the INet gateway, and a dualP3 winXPpro
machine as the 'server'. Any advice on getting it up and running would be
appreciated. I also have a few other cds

IBM application developer's kit for LinUx
OS/2warp4 application sampler
WordPro and Freelance 96
Lotus NotesMail 4.1

any suggestions on installing and using these?

you can email me direct at

geogr...@earthlink.net

thanks, Rick Baran