Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

Good Sounds Card to use with OS/2 4.0

11 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Greg S.

nepřečteno,
17. 8. 2004 14:27:5617.08.04
komu:
I have been using the AW37pro sound card (From AOpen) in an OS/2 box
(Older ISA architecture) and I am trying to upgrade to PCI bus
architucture. Does anyone have any recomendations on a good qualtiy
sound card?

Sidney E. Mathious

nepřečteno,
20. 8. 2004 1:18:3620.08.04
komu:
I have a similar PCI card in the computer I use with eCS 1.0 and it works,
but there is drawbacks. It don't play the midi files at all. The last time I
had a computer to play midi files was with OS/2 v3 on an older computer. I
haven't heard of a new card which will play midi files.

Sidney E. Mathious

"Greg S." <gszy...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Lon Hooker

nepřečteno,
25. 8. 2004 0:26:5625.08.04
komu:
Hi, Greg...

I've had a SBLive! on several os/2 boxes (W4/FP10 and up) for over 3 years, and
had no problem. It does not support MIDI natively, but TiMidity with the latest
eawpats patch set works just fine. Setting it up, however, is *not*
trivial...timidity being the biggest problem.

The driver for the card is on Hobbes:

<http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/drivers/sound/sbliveos2-081b.zip>

The latest instructions for installation (includes instructions for timidity)
are at:

The group is now inactive, but the last message posted to the group has all the
information you need.

TiMidity is available from: <http://www.reamined.on.ca/doconnor/timidity.html>

You will need *both* TiMidity MCD 2.10.4 _and_ TiMidity MCD 0.9i:

<http://www.reamined.on.ca/doconnor/timiditymcd_2104.zip>

<http://www.reamined.on.ca/doconnor/timidos2.zip>

The reason being, that ver 2.10.4 contains *only* timidity.dll which allows
associating and playing *.mid and *.mod files via the WPS (double click) but
*only* one-at-time. Ver 0.9i, on the other hand, contains the file timidpm.exe,
which is a gui player that can be loaded with any number of *.mid files and play
them either sequentially or at random. Just install the 2.10.4 version per the
instructions, and unzip timidpm.exe *only* from timidos2.zip into the timidity
directory.

The link for the (IMO preferred) EAWpats patch set on Darwin O'Connor's site is
broken, but they are available at:

<ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6.2/i386/All/eawpatches-12.tgz>

Note that this is a ~32 MB tarball, so you'll need the unzipper available on Hobbes:

<http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/archiver/untgz095.zip>

HTH

Lon Hooker

ganchero at cox dot net

Sini=??q?=E7a Pavlovi=86?=

nepřečteno,
25. 8. 2004 18:55:4025.08.04
komu:
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:27:56 UTC, gszy...@earthlink.net (Greg S.)
wrote:

Well, I don't know about _good quality_ but any PCI card based on
CMI8738 chip will work good under OS/2. There is no doubt that you can
find some good quality ones among them, apart from standard China
manaufacture quality. ;-)

--
Pozdrav iz Doboja, Republika Srpska. Posjetite: http://www.srpska.com

0 nových zpráv