OS/2 Warp 3 installation

fallassignment

Dec 26, 2003, 6:01:18 PM12/26/03
I am trying to learn OS/2 warp and am having a problem installing it.
Apparently it has a problem with hard drives larger than 500? MB,
which can be resolved by updating install Disk 1. I have tried the
manual methods that I found online, but this has not worked for me
because I keep having problems with the disk being too full (updated
files appear to be 2-3X the size of outdated files). I also tried to
solve this by downloading some disk images. This method also did not
work for me, as I could not find anything to extract the files from
the .DSK format that actually functioned properly when I tried using
it. Does anyone have an updated install Disk 1 that they could just
put in a .ZIP file and send to me? (Please, no more disk image files)
Thanks.

Mark Klebanoff

Dec 26, 2003, 7:08:51 PM12/26/03
A newsgroup search, or perhaps a perusal of the readme file on the
updated install disk files, should give tips on which files can be
deleted safely and what changes must be made so that the deleted files
are not missed.

fallassignment

Dec 29, 2003, 10:28:03 AM12/29/03
"Mark Klebanoff" <maxi...@spamless.os2bbs.com> wrote in message news:<nze6zYQT7gHB-pn2-JtefBWdVC2Ci@localhost>...

> A newsgroup search, or perhaps a perusal of the readme file on the
> updated install disk files, should give tips on which files can be
> deleted safely and what changes must be made so that the deleted files
> are not missed.

I did print off some instructions from the web someplace on how to do
just that. Unfortunately, all of the driver files that I see on my
copy of the disk are listed by these instructions as needing to be
kept. There are a bunch of .DLL files on the disk that my
instructions say nothing of, but I would rather not be randomly
deleting things from my revised copy of the disk (I made a duplicate
of the original an am performing experiments on the duplicate to see
if I can get it to work). It would be much less time consuming if I
could get a properly revised copy of the disk from someone. Like I
had mentioned before, I also tried downloading a disk image from
Warpdoctor.org and decompressint that. All the utilities I've tried
so far seem to indicate that there is nothing inside the .DSK file,
even though it is over 1 MB in size. Please help!

Mark Klebanoff

Dec 29, 2003, 11:17:43 AM12/29/03
unfortunately, my disks are Warp 4, not 3. I have the old Warp 3
disks, but I haven't used them in years and doubt they'd work better
than yours. You might be better off posting on comp.os.os2.setup.misc
because there are more subscribers there.

Paul Russell

Jan 2, 2004, 3:55:15 AM1/2/04
You need large disk support on Disk 1. Get the archive here and follow the
instructions in the readme.txt file verbatim.

http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne.de/english/hard_removables.html

"fallassignment" <fallass...@yahoo.com> wrote in message