PCMCIA driver for TI PCI1420 chipset?

f...@leland.stanford.edu

Feb 1, 2001, 4:33:06 PM2/1/01
My new Dell Inspiron 4000 has a TI PCI1420 PC Controller.

I cannot find a driver for it.

Any help out there?

Thanks

Frank
f...@leland.stanford.edu
Engineering Physicist
SLAC

Wolfgang Krömer

Feb 2, 2001, 9:12:04 AM2/2/01

f...@leland.stanford.edu wrote:

> My new Dell Inspiron 4000 has a TI PCI1420 PC Controller.
>
> I cannot find a driver for it.
>
> Any help out there?
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

Hi Frank,

you may go to the OS/2 notebook side

http://www.os2ss.com/users/DrMartinus/Notebook.htm

and look for Dell. There is no entry for the Inspiron 4000, but you can
choose the Inspiron 7000, it has the same chip built in.
From the driverpage get the IBM cardbus driver (PC-card 5.0 Standard)

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/os2ddpak/playwill.exe

or the IBM cardbus driver for Dell Latitude models

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/os2ddpak/dell.exe

for basic cardbus support.
For the necessary TI 1220 chipset *.sys driver choose the Intel 82365
and download

http://www.os2ss.com/users/DrMartinus/driver/pcmcia/ss2intel.zip

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

hun...@sapphire.indstate.edu

Feb 2, 2001, 9:19:15 AM2/2/01
In article <95ckmi$lq7$2...@nntp.Stanford.EDU>,
an...@leland.stanford.edu wrote:

> My new Dell Inspiron 4000 has a TI PCI1420 PC Controller.
>
> I cannot find a driver for it.
>
> Any help out there?

Try this:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/os2ddpak/playwill.exe

No guarantees tho.

--
-Steven Hunter *OS/2 Warp 4 * |"This is a good morning.|
hun...@sapphire.indstate.edu *AMD K6-2 400* |Oh, it's night." - Sifl |

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Wolfgang Krömer

Feb 2, 2001, 10:09:16 AM2/2/01

Wolfgang Krömer wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> you may go to the OS/2 notebook side
>
> http://www.os2ss.com/users/DrMartinus/Notebook.htm
>
> and look for Dell. There is no entry for the Inspiron 4000, but you can
> choose the Inspiron 7000, it has the same chip built in.
> From the driverpage get the IBM cardbus driver (PC-card 5.0 Standard)
>
> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/os2ddpak/playwill.exe
>
> or the IBM cardbus driver for Dell Latitude models
>
> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/os2ddpak/dell.exe
>
> for basic cardbus support.
> For the necessary TI 1220 chipset *.sys driver choose the Intel 82365
> and download
>
> http://www.os2ss.com/users/DrMartinus/driver/pcmcia/ss2intel.zip
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Wolfgang

I just noticed the driver Frank tries to find is for the TI 1420 chipset
and not the 1220
chipset. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Krömer

Feb 2, 2001, 10:39:08 AM2/2/01

f...@leland.stanford.edu wrote:

Hi Frank

after two cancelled messages this is the place to go to:

ftp://ftp.boulder.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/os2ddpak/cardbus.exe

The readme.txt file says, that the TI1420 chipset is supported.

Sorry again for the inconvenience

Wolfgang

f...@leland.stanford.edu

Feb 5, 2001, 2:02:33 PM2/5/01
I will check the link you provided.
If it has a driver I can use I cannot thank you enough.

I'll begin to monitor the group so I can help others if I can.

Frank

pmyyz

Feb 9, 2001, 6:39:12 AM2/9/01
Don't know how much this will help, but I have a new Sony Viao gf630,
with the same pc card controller--TI1420. The new socket driver from the
new Thinkbook cardbus package works fine. But it seems available for a
price only from Software Choice for OS/2

f...@leland.stanford.edu

Feb 12, 2001, 5:41:52 PM2/12/01
Thanks to those who responed. The chipset is covered under the
new cardbus.exe.

Now I just have to find video and sound drivers.

Frank