Another GCC4 question

1 view

Ruediger Ihle

Apr 21, 2010, 7:22:00 AM4/21/10
Hi folks,

what do messages like this mean ?

emxomf warning: Cycle detected by make_type.
emxomf info: parsing sym no.770 type=64 at char ' ' in position 13:
this_cie:r570

--
Ruediger "Rudi" Ihle [S&T Systemtechnik GmbH, Germany]
http://www.s-t.de

Dave Yeo

Apr 21, 2010, 11:02:22 AM4/21/10
Ruediger Ihle wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> what do messages like this mean ?
>
> emxomf warning: Cycle detected by make_type.
> emxomf info: parsing sym no.770 type=64 at char ' ' in position 13:
> this_cie:r570

New debug symbols haven't been updated in emxomf, or in other words an
incomplete port. In a debugger you might see ??? instead of an
instruction. Best is to use 3.3.5 for debug versions that you want to
use in a debugger.
There is a patched emxomf in the libc bug tracker from the QT guys which
has most of these messages silenced. This emxomf can also handle symbols
with strange prefixs, we need it in Mozilla due to some symbols having a
@ prefix.
Dave

Paul Smedley

Apr 22, 2010, 3:01:35 AM4/22/10
Hi Rudi,

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:22:00 UTC, "Ruediger Ihle"
<NOSPAM$R.I...@S-t.De> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> what do messages like this mean ?
>
> emxomf warning: Cycle detected by make_type.
> emxomf info: parsing sym no.770 type=64 at char ' ' in position 13:
> this_cie:r570

Dave is pretty correct in his response - basically there are
updated/added STABS info in the a.out code that gcc generates, that
emxomf doesn't know how to handle...

--
Cheers,

Paul.