IBM C/Set++ wanted

anal...@theboykos.com

Apr 19, 2007, 8:01:44 AM4/19/07
I need to modify an old OS/2 program that was compiled with IBM C/Set+
+. Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of this compiler?

Steve Boyko

Marcel Müller

Apr 19, 2007, 3:37:50 PM4/19/07
anal...@theboykos.com wrote:
> I need to modify an old OS/2 program that was compiled with IBM C/Set+
> +. Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of this compiler?

Probably you have to look for a used copy.

But first of all, you have to find out, which version you need. As far
as I remember the name "C/Set" was used in 2.x releases. Maybe your
application will compile and work with Visual Age C++ (version 3.0),
maybe not.

Marcel

Will Honea

Apr 20, 2007, 4:39:49 AM4/20/07
anal...@theboykos.com wrote:

> I need to modify an old OS/2 program that was compiled with IBM C/Set+
> +. Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of this compiler?

Keep a lookout for VisualAge C/C++ (VACPP) version 3 as well. There are
very few alterations needed to get CSET/2 code to compile under that - most
having to do with declarations in header files. Last place I worked that
was the first task I got hit with: port 1 million lines of CSET/2 code to
VACPP <g>. Took SED and about 3 days to get it compiling. VACPP is
probably much more available. For that matter, the original C/SET++ stuff
pretty well compiled and linked cleanly with Watcom as well.

--
Will Honea

Nitro

Jul 14, 2011, 8:02:57 AM7/14/11

I may have a copy. I'll contact you off line and see what version you need.
I'll have to dig through a couple boxes and see.
There was a version (3.65 ?) available on some of the dev packs or the
mozilla OS/2 build site also.
I may also have VAC++ 4.0 around.

Bart