RPM/YUM and my build environment on U:

Mentore Siesto

Nov 24, 2013, 11:11:50 AM11/24/13
Hello all. It seems I'm getting myself stuck in a sort of duplicate
files hell... Let me explain.

My eCS distribution is installed on D:, as I have two volumes (C: is
reserved for the Italian 2.2 release when we'll have it ready).

I have a development volume on U: where I installed some REXX tools,
OpenWatcom C and FORTRAN, and Paul Smedley's build environment,
together with SDL and QT 4.6.3 include, exe and libs.

To install the latest QT 4.7 I used RPM/YUM, which installed
everything on my D: volume. This is a problem for me, for I just saw
that it also installed Python 2.6 and other things on D:, while I just
installed Python 2.7 on U: (amongst other things).

What I'd like to do is keeping QT 4.7 DLLs on D: (so I might copy them
directly on C: as I'll install eCS Italian on it), but
moving/reinstalling the QT development files on U: into a specific
directory (after removing the old QT distro, of course).

I don't know RPM/YUM, so I'm stuck. Does someone have some shortcut or
do I need to learn completely RPM/YUM to get rid of the duplicate
files and reinstall everything on U: ?

Thanks in advance.
Mentore

ivan

Nov 24, 2013, 3:32:46 PM11/24/13
Assuming that the eCS RPM/YUM works the same as the Linux version then
you should be able to use it to uninstall everything that is installed
in the wrong place.

Once you have your system clean again use the latest archive viewer
(with the various unpackers installed from the zips mentioned in the
readme) to unpack each of the RPM archives into a temp dir. You can
then manually copy them to where you want them.

Another tip, I have a dll dir on the boot drive (listed in the
config.sys libpath) that I use to hold all the odd dlls.

ivan

A.D. Fundum

Nov 25, 2013, 2:44:46 AM11/25/13
>> Does someone have some shortcut

Perhaps one of the DOS SUBST-clones @ Hobbes (try "HELP SUBST" for the
DOS version)?

I don't know if you can replace D: with U:\QT\DLL because D: already
exists, or if you can use some virtual K:-drive with your RPM/YUM
(SUBST K: U:\QT\DLL).

Mentore Siesto

Nov 27, 2013, 1:20:08 PM11/27/13
Il giorno Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:32:46 UTC, "ivan" <iva...@free.fr> ha
scritto:

> Assuming that the eCS RPM/YUM works the same as the Linux version then
> you should be able to use it to uninstall everything that is installed
> in the wrong place.
>
> Once you have your system clean again use the latest archive viewer
> (with the various unpackers installed from the zips mentioned in the
> readme) to unpack each of the RPM archives into a temp dir. You can
> then manually copy them to where you want them.

Thanks for the tips. I will see if I can do this in the next few days.

Mentore