Qt 4 developers/users?

mwizard

Dec 20, 2011, 2:17:23 PM12/20/11
Are there folks using Qt 4 development environment for OS/2 out there?

If so, I've recently installed the Qt 4 sowftare using the RPM
method.

http://svn.netlabs.org/qt4/

yum install libqt4 Installs the basic Qt4 runtime needed for console
Qt applications
yum install libqt4-gui Installs the Qt4 GUI runtime needed for Qt GUI
applications
yum install qt4-demos Installs the Qt Demo application that
demonstrates various Qt features
yum install qt4-devel-kit Installs the complete Qt development
environment for compiling Qt applications from sources

I cannot get the assistant or the examples and demos to come up.

Is there supposed to be a qt designer in this install?

Any help to get me started on developing OS/2 apps with this framework
would be appreciated.

regards,
Mark Vollmer

mwi...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2011, 3:38:39 PM12/20/11
Ok, I got it working. It turns out that I had a Qt app installed through WarpIn. I uninstalled it. I also found another page by eCSoft/w that gave me more rpm install information. I executed all of their directed yum installs, which appears to be a superset of the netlabs page.

I rebooted the machine, and it came up with a brief trap screen. It has a lot less information on it than other trap screens I've seen in the past. I've never seen an abbreviated one before.

I rebooted again, and it came up fine. It would appear so far that the Qt apps are working fine.

The eCSoft/2 link is: http://www.ecomstation.it/ecsoft2/prog.php?progid=1310&name=Qt+Application+and+UI+Framework+for+eCS&sys=os2+ecomstation&language=en