GCC newer releases

Mentore

Mar 29, 2012, 9:12:46 AM3/29/12
Hello all.

Just came across GCC home page, where the 4.7.0 release has been
announced.

Before I decide to go crazy and try and port it (whew), some questions
must be posted to Paul Smedley and other GCC OS/2 porters:

1 - Are there diffs from Linux/Unix to OS/2? Where?

2 - Is someone trying to port the newer versions?

I must say I didn't read any changelog (since 4.5.2 there are other
versions, so I would firstly try and go one step at a time: 4.5.3,
4.5.4 and so on), so I don't know if bugs have been corrected or new
features added (and I must say I am until now happy with 4.5.2).

Mentore

Paul Smedley

Apr 3, 2012, 5:55:58 AM4/3/12
Hi Mentore,
Full OS/2 source for 4.4.6 is available at https://github.com/psmedley/gcc

This has some pretty major fixes in it that are NOT present in 4.5.2 or
4.5.3

A job for a rainy day is to try and apply the changes to newer versions
of GCC.

I did once compile 4.6.0 but it had issues - I don't recall what they
are right now.

Mentore Siesto

Apr 3, 2012, 4:50:20 PM4/3/12
Il giorno Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:55:58 UTC, Paul Smedley
<paulD...@DESPAMMsmedley.id.au> ha scritto:
Nice. I will think about it - still, I'm really not that skilled (for
now!).

Mentore

Paul Smedley

Apr 6, 2012, 5:52:22 AM4/6/12
Hi Mentore,
Well it's not that rainy today, but I started looking at 4.6.3 today...
will advise on progress once I know more.

Paul Smedley

Apr 9, 2012, 2:34:23 AM4/9/12
Had to hack around a build break in libstd++, but I got it compiling -
testing now