Irregular shaped windows in PM?

1 view

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson

Oct 20, 2020, 7:53:24 PM10/20/20
Dear c.o.o.p.m,

Various other operating system have support for irregular shaped
and/or see through windows [sometimes with even more than one tech
behind this.] Does OS/2 have anything similar?

I don't need or want see through pixels at this time, I'm only
curious if I can have a bitmask for which pixels are drawable
and clickable.

References to chapter and verse in Petzold welcome, and/or keywords
for web searches.

Thank you,
--
Johann | email: invalid -> com | www.myrkraverk.com/blog/
I'm not from the Internet, I just work there. | twitter: @myrkraverk

Dave Yeo

Oct 20, 2020, 10:05:25 PM10/20/20
On 10/20/20 04:53 PM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
> Dear c.o.o.p.m,
>
> Various other operating system have support for irregular shaped
> and/or see through windows [sometimes with even more than one tech
> behind this.] Does OS/2 have anything similar?
>
> I don't need or want see through pixels at this time, I'm only
> curious if I can have a bitmask for which pixels are drawable
> and clickable.
>
> References to chapter and verse in Petzold welcome, and/or keywords
> for web searches.

Check out http://home.d04.itscom.net/ath/old/os2/shapewin-en.html Note
that while osmulti2 used to display perfectly with an ATI card and
driver, with SNAP and Panorama the face is replaced by the legs at
times. I guess it is a bit of a hack as the PM doesn't normally support
irregular shaped windows.
Dave

Dave Yeo

Oct 20, 2020, 11:11:04 PM10/20/20
On 10/20/20 07:05 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:
> Note that while osmulti2 used to display perfectly with an ATI card and
> driver, with SNAP and Panorama the face is replaced by the legs at times.

Actually with the parameter full, it displays correctly. Guess problems
with assembling multiple bitmaps.
Dave

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson

Oct 21, 2020, 3:59:23 AM10/21/20
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have yet to give
it a try, and I'll get to it soon enough.

Peter Flass

Oct 21, 2020, 12:52:57 PM10/21/20
Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson <joh...@myrkraverk.invalid> wrote:
> Dear c.o.o.p.m,
>
> Various other operating system have support for irregular shaped
> and/or see through windows [sometimes with even more than one tech
> behind this.] Does OS/2 have anything similar?
>
> I don't need or want see through pixels at this time, I'm only
> curious if I can have a bitmask for which pixels are drawable
> and clickable.
>
> References to chapter and verse in Petzold welcome, and/or keywords
> for web searches.

I see you got your answer. My Petzold is in storage, but I didn’t think
this was supported as of 2.0, and I was just wondering if 3.x supported it
:-(

--
Pete