MTPS, Win 2K, and Samba

Steven Lowry

Jan 19, 2003, 10:37:44 AM1/19/03
I've been trying to get my OS/2 machine to see the rest of my peer
network through the Connections\Network\File and Print Client Resource
Browser.

I have TCP/IP and NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled.
I am able to see the other machines on the network with smbclnt.exe so
I know the connection and protocol is active.
I can connect to the OS/2 machine from the windows (via Network
Neighborhood) and Linux (smbmount) machines.

There was a time when I could see the other machines on the network
from OS/2 but I can't seem to find the correct settings to see them
now.

Suggestions, anyoone ?

Thanks

--
Steven Lowry
delete IAM from no spam email address

Steven Lowry

Jan 20, 2003, 10:10:47 AM1/20/03
You're right ... There were also some other smb.conf issues and a
firewall issue that resolved the problem.
I was counting on "Murphy's Law" to help me. I had the problems
resolved within an hour after this posting .

Thank you for the advice.