NFS/PMX and MPTNS and TCPIP upgrades

Tom Eichenberg

Jan 4, 2003, 6:09:15 PM1/4/03
I have recently had to build a new WARP4 system from
scratch on my old THINKPAD 760ELD. Two very important
pieces of software for me are the NFS client and PMX server
which I bought years ago from IBM. After loading the base
WARP 4 system, I can use my NFS and PMX without any
problems.

I then use the WARPUP CD system (last one available, Nov 2001).
I have no problems updating to FIXPACK 15 level. However,I have
discovered if I try to update MPTNS/TCPIP to the most recent
level on the WARPUP CD, I have problems with my NFS
and PMX (and TELNET/FTP also!!). I get these problems
updating with either the 16-bit or 32 bit packages. There doesn't
appear to by any updates for the NFS client driver either.

I am using a 3COM PCMCIA card, driver v1.6 from the base
WARP4. When Updating the MPTNS the driver becomes v1.8, but
I don't think my problems are card driver related.

Does anyone know anything about these MPTNS/TCPIP packages?
Is it possible to download and update my NFS package so I will be
compatible with the MPTNS/TCPIP updates? My current driver
is dated 1994, Version 2 I think.

Thanks in advance.
Tom.

Christian Hennecke

Jan 5, 2003, 1:07:18 PM1/5/03
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 23:09:15 UTC, "Tom Eichenberg" <tw...@owt.com> wrote:

> I then use the WARPUP CD system (last one available, Nov 2001).
> I have no problems updating to FIXPACK 15 level. However,I have
> discovered if I try to update MPTNS/TCPIP to the most recent
> level on the WARPUP CD, I have problems with my NFS
> and PMX (and TELNET/FTP also!!). I get these problems
> updating with either the 16-bit or 32 bit packages. There doesn't
> appear to by any updates for the NFS client driver either.

TCP/IP 4.3x contains updated NFS stuff.
--
Christian Hennecke
The OS/2 Files - Die OS/2 Akten: http://www.os2world.com/os2files/