peer network salad

Fritz Oppliger

Feb 6, 2004, 1:53:01 PM2/6/04

Peer network (Fritzgroup):
Victor(Warp3connect)
Lap (W98SE)
ACER (W98SE)
TOSH (WXP)
Direcway6000 satellite modem doing DHCP

Lap can see/fileshare all other machines. canNOT PING Victor by name.
Victor can ping Tosh (by name) but no others.
Victor can ping the DW6000 by 192.168.0.1 but not use it to get to the
internet.
Victor has connections defined in Sharing&connecting for both Acer and Lap.
Lap connects fine as disk M: but Acer gives a Sys0053 error: network path
not found

Trying to create a connection from Victor(sharing &
connecting/connection/create): it goes off looking for resources but does
not see any workstations other than itself and lap. comes back without
tosh or acer. Lets me enter the name but then does not find a path to it.

With the DW6000 doing DHCP I don't know what numbers to feed anywhere.
I don't know who would be nameserver in this scenario.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

cross-posted to comp.os.os2.networking, os2.misc, os2.setup.misc