MyCloud and EVFS

Eric Erickson

Jul 10, 2014, 10:02:46 PM7/10/14
Anyone have used a WD MyCould as an NAS Device and connected via
eComStatations EVFS (Samba)?

Thinking about getting one of these so that I have something I can access
from both eComStation and Windows 7.

Cheers,
Eric Erickson
Elvish Software Foundry, Inc. - Internet: dro...@vnetAntiSpam.net
Already where I want to be Today - Voice/Fax: (218)-398-2625

Eric Erickson

ivan

Jul 11, 2014, 10:24:25 AM7/11/14
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 02:11:02 UTC, "Eric Erickson" <dro...@vnet.net>
wrote:
Hi Eric,

I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

We have a load of D-Link NAS boxes here all accessed via SAMBA and/or
FTP from our OS/2 boxes and servers as well as FTP on a few Android
tablets. We are also able to access them from various versions of
windows (XP, Vista, 7) that are on computers in for repair.

ivan

Eric Erickson

Jul 13, 2014, 12:50:47 PM7/13/14
I don't either, but its always good to get confirmation from someone that has
actually used the target device in the environment.

Thanks