IPSpool

Wayne A. Smith

Mar 30, 2023, 7:14:20 PM3/30/23
I am still in the process of trying to configure CUPS for wireless
printing - probably due to my own faulty configuration - to my HP
DeskJet under ArcaOS 5.0.7. In the process I happened to note the
subject utility was installed, and surmise it might be of assistance.

However, the available information on how to configure it seems sparse
indeed. Is there any documentation on its parameters to which I could
be referred?
--
WAYNE A. SMITH

Dave Yeo

Mar 31, 2023, 4:21:55 PM3/31/23
I can't find ipspool installed anywhere, and Google doesn't really seem
to know about it. Sure about the name?
Don't have experience with cups and WiFi
Dave

Wayne A. Smith

Apr 3, 2023, 11:03:18 PM4/3/23
I suppose I should have identified it as
IP Spool
While there probably are other sites referencing it, one page is
https://ecsoft2.org/ip-spool

Since I now see it isn't installed on the boot drive but rather an
applications partition, it does now seem I must have installed it
independently. Nevertheless, I frankly don't recall doing so.

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 20:21:51 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave....@gmail.com>
wrote:
--
WAYNE A. SMITH

Dave Yeo

Apr 5, 2023, 2:16:15 AM4/5/23
Wayne A. Smith wrote:
> I suppose I should have identified it as
> IP Spool
> While there probably are other sites referencing it, one page is
> https://ecsoft2.org/ip-spool
>
> Since I now see it isn't installed on the boot drive but rather an
> applications partition, it does now seem I must have installed it
> independently. Nevertheless, I frankly don't recall doing so.

OK, explains why I didn't have it installed. Seems like it was supposed
to work with native printing, not Cups.
Are you going wired to a router then wireless or do you have working
wireless?
Dave

Wayne A. Smith

Apr 27, 2023, 1:24:52 PM4/27/23
Dave, sorry for the delay in response. Too much on my plate - or
rather too many plates - and it slipped my mind ... My responses are
below.

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 06:16:12 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wayne A. Smith wrote:
>
> OK, explains why I didn't have it installed. Seems like it was supposed
> to work with native printing, not Cups.

Ahh, then it may be academic, as there is no native driver for my
primary printer, an HP Deskjet 3052a.

> Are you going wired to a router then wireless or do you have working
> wireless?

I'm trying to go Wireless to the Printer directly, from a ThinkPad
T540p under ArcaOS 5.0.7. The router is connected only to my
ThinkCenter M93p, to which the printer is USB-connected, and for which
CUPS works fine. (Once ArcaOS 5.1.0 is released then I will be
connecting to the router from a GPT drive on an HP Pavillion
notebook.)

Wireless, for internet connection (both for PMMail and Firefox) on the
TP T540p, works fine. Figuring out how to print from it is another
story; however, it's probably due to my not having explored the
various setting sufficiently.

--
Regards,
WAYNE A. SMITH

Andi B.

May 1, 2023, 10:56:19 AM5/1/23
Wayne A. Smith schrieb:
> Wireless, for internet connection (both for PMMail and Firefox) on the
> TP T540p, works fine.

I think you are using an external LAN to WiFi router on the T540p. Can't imagine you got
the integrated WiFi to work with ArcaOS. Right?

Andi