Why is the performance so lousy when I can ICAT via UDP ? Here is wy ...

Skip to the first unread message

Lars Erdmann

14 Nov 2011, 14:05:4214/11/2011
I thought I'd share this with the whole developer community:

when you run ICAT via UDP and the box running ICAT uses a W4 kernel then use
SOCKETS.SYS instead of SOCKETSK.SYS and
AFINET.SYS instead of AFINETK.SYS ! You will be surprised about the
performance increase ...
The same would hold true for the MUT of course.

I came to this conclusion when I was reading some IBM redbook that stated
that the "K" versions of these drivers are meant for the SMP kernel only.
While we know this is not true I couldn't explain to you why it makes such a
big difference while communicating with the KDBNET.SYS protocol driver on
the MUT.