NetBios over TCP/IP on multiple adapters

Eric Erickson

Jul 27, 2011, 12:24:26 PM7/27/11
Each of my WSEB Servers in my home office network has 2 adapters. I've
started adding WinXP machines to the network, therefore I need to switch to
NetBios over TCP/IP. Now I've successfully added this to Adapter #0 in the
system, but want to totally convert the network and add this protocol to the
other physical adapter. I don't see how I can add the secondary instance to
the names list. Each adapter has a unique IP address, but I can only
associate that name with 1 Netbios name prefix in the configuration notebook.

When I attempt to add the second adapter address to the Names List, it
complains about a duplicate Netbios Name Prefix

For example.

Server #1
Netbios Name Server-1
Adapter #0 IP address 192.168.0.101
Adapter #1 IP address 192.168.0.111

Now I can add Server-1 to the NetBios Names List under 192.168.0.101, but
what name do I use for 192.168.0.111.

TIA

Eric Erickson
Elvish Software Foundry, Inc. - Internet: dro...@vnetAntiSpam.net
Already where I want to be Today - Voice/Fax: (218)-398-2625

CY

Sep 13, 2011, 12:12:53 PM9/13/11
Check how ABB RNP (redundat network protocol?) works, 2 adapters om
the same network cant have the same name. If both are active.

You might want to check out how MPTS is configured in for example
http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=support or other sites. If it
still is online.

But why 2 adapters on the same net?