Using THINIFS/SRVIFS for backup purposes

David H. Durgee

Feb 28, 2017, 1:34:53 PM2/28/17
I have an older server I am still running that I had been running
backups from a maintenance partition via a Jaz drive. The Jaz drive
recently died and as they are long in the tooth I am reluctant to
replace it at this point.

I remembered the THINIFS/SRVIFS networking used for remote installations
and was thinking that perhaps there would be a way that I could add that
to my maintenance partition and use it to network to another system
where I could save the backups. This would require minimal changes to
my backup scripts, simply replacing the drive letter of the Jaz drive
with that of the networked drive.

Is there a package of this out there with documentation for this sort of
application? I should be able to crib from my server configuration
files to get the network card information.

Dave