VLC - Latest 1.1.5 version & audio...

Dariusz Piatkowski

Dec 25, 2010, 2:15:13 PM12/25/10
KO Myung-Hun released an updated version of VLC player, 1.1.5...this is the
first time I have tried this app, having spent some time in the past relying on
mplayer/smplayer and suffering from the studdering audio/video output.

Overall it seems like a very smooth package..I do have an audio problem at the
moment though. Tried both DART & UNIAUD and all I get is hissing from the
speakers. Having a hard time running video using the 'embedded' mode as
well...results in screen corruption.

I just noticed though that it requires QT 4.6.3 while I have the older 4.6.27
installed...so I'm going to check that out first....but...so far soo good...hey,
it plays my MJPEG DSLR videos...so I'm excited!

Dariusz Piatkowski

Dec 25, 2010, 4:49:31 PM12/25/10

Well, a bit of mixed news...upgrading to QT4.6.3 appears to have somewhat cured
the audio & video problems. Video can be reliably run as embedded now, audio
works reliably using DART support, attempting to use UNIAUD produces static.

However...strangely enough I now am getting SYS1206 (out of memory) errors at
boot time from a couple of drivers...have NOT seen this before. I will backlevel
to QT 4.6.27 and check this out. As well, my PSI IM app no longer connects...so
I suspect something in 4.6.3 is broken.