SAN support

瀏覽次數:19 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Grant Taylor

未讀,
2019年12月1日 下午4:47:102019/12/1
收件者:
Do OS/2 Warp / eCS / ArcaOS support Storage Area Networks in any
capacity? I'm guessing that if anything, they only support Fibre Channel.

I do see that ArcaOS has knowledge of QLogic QLA2100 Host Bus Adapters
in the Storage Adapter selection when booting the installer with menus
to choose options.

I'm presuming that SAN LUNs will show up as SCSI disks to OS/2 Warp /
eCS / ArcaOS. (I'm trying to avoid a single disk being a SPOF in my
install.)

Does anyone have any experience with OS/2 Warp / eCS / ArcaOS and Fibre
Channel SAN?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Marcel Mueller

未讀,
2019年12月2日 凌晨2:10:042019/12/2
收件者:
Am 01.12.19 um 22:47 schrieb Grant Taylor:
> Does anyone have any experience with OS/2 Warp / eCS / ArcaOS and Fibre
> Channel SAN?

I didn't try so far, but I would strongly recommend virtualization in
this case. This adds another abstraction layer and lets you freely
choose and change the appropriate hardware.
It can also be part of high availability concept since VMs can easily be
saved and/or moved, depending on your hypervisor even on the fly.

Marcel

Grant Taylor

未讀,
2019年12月2日 下午5:14:322019/12/2
收件者:
On 12/2/19 12:10 AM, Marcel Mueller wrote:
> I didn't try so far, but I would strongly recommend virtualization in
> this case. This adds another abstraction layer and lets you freely
> choose and change the appropriate hardware.
> It can also be part of high availability concept since VMs can easily be
> saved and/or moved, depending on your hypervisor even on the fly.

I would normally agree with you.

However I have a physical PCI card (discussed in other threads) that
doesn't work well via PCI passthrough. Hence physical box.

My hope is that I can get SAN functional so that I don't need to worry
nearly as much about the disk(s) in the machine hosting said PCI card.
0 則新訊息