Corrupt Extended Attributes

PaulRS

Jan 6, 2020, 10:15:16 PM1/6/20
I have a Thumb-Drive to which I can no longer save any files as it
complains that the "Extended Attributes file is corrupt." Is there
any way to either work around this or fix the EA file?

Paul

Marcel Mueller

Jan 8, 2020, 2:14:50 AM1/8/20
Am 07.01.20 um 04:15 schrieb PaulRS:
> I have a Thumb-Drive to which I can no longer save any files as it
> complains that the "Extended Attributes file is corrupt." Is there
> any way to either work around this or fix the EA file?

Normally chkdsk should fix this.

If not and if you don't care about EAs on this volume, you can simply
delete the EADATA.SF file. (Note: you cannot do this from OS/2 and the
file name contains spaces somewhere)

Marcel