T60 Panorama Wide Screen

baden.ku...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2020, 5:47:31 PM2/4/20
Eureka!!

After years seeking a wide screen solution for my external (1920x1080) monitor connected to my T60's, I finally found the solution. Desiring a better display was the primary reason I had bought several ArcaOS subscriptions without success.

I recently bought a T60 with ATI 1400 video. This morning, I finally realised all the resolutions available were 4:3, and I recalled something about display extenders. I searched, and finally found that Robert Lalla had written an ATOM (and Intel) BIOS extender, and after some more searching, I came across:

http://www.dreamlandbbs.com/gfd/sysdisp/wdscr08b.zip

This was the precise solution, and I am indebted to Robert. The only small issue is the display extends slightly wider than the monitor.

thanks,
Baden

Andreas Schnellbacher

Feb 4, 2020, 7:03:36 PM2/4/20
On 04.02.20 23:47, baden.ku...@gmail.com wrote:

> After years seeking a wide screen solution for my external
> (1920x1080) monitor connected to my T60's, I finally found the
> solution.

SNAP supports custom resolutions since a long time, I think the tool
is named gamon.

Also the recent Panorama versions provide custom resolutions. So,
apparently, you're not using ArcaOS.

--
Andreas Schnellbacher

baden.ku...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2020, 2:17:49 PM2/5/20
Hi Andreas:

On Tuesday, 4 February 2020 18:03:36 UTC-6, Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:
> On 04.02.20 23:47, baden.ku...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > After years seeking a wide screen solution for my external
> > (1920x1080) monitor connected to my T60's, I finally found the
> > solution.
>
> SNAP supports custom resolutions since a long time, I think the tool
> is named gamon.

I tried using SciTech SNAP, and it was maybe ten times slower, if that. "Unusable" would gratuitous.

> Also the recent Panorama versions provide custom resolutions. So,
> apparently, you're not using ArcaOS.

I am sorry, you caught me! I am actually using iOS 14.3 on a XT, and I only post to an obscure usegroup for an obsolete OS to see if OII (Overly Intelligent Individuals), such as yourself, are paying attention.

I also wonder if the following discussions might have any relevance?

https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?topic=1755.0
https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?topic=1433.30

thanks,
Baden