Have to move a Thunderbird Address Book -- How ?

John H. Lindsay

Sep 16, 2009, 5:12:26 PM9/16/09
Hi folks,

I have moved my former in-box mail files from several
versions of Thunderbird to an easily accessible common
location for use with my current version of Thunderbird,
but I have to move the address books too. How does
one do this ? I can't spot any obvious address book
files; where does Thunderbird installation put them
and how are they named ? I don't see any option in
Thunderbird for placing or locating mailbox files, and
the import utility function in Thunderbird doesn't
seem to offer the chance to recognize old Thunderbird
address book files.

TIA,

John.

tho...@antispam.ham

Sep 16, 2009, 6:21:37 PM9/16/09
John H. Lindsay writes:

Look for files named abook-xx.mab under your Profiles
directory.

Chuck McKinnis

Sep 16, 2009, 6:30:10 PM9/16/09

I have used the SyncMab extention to move my address books back and
forth between eCS, Ubuntu, and WinXP.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search?q=syncmab&cat=all

I think SyncMab also adds a Tools -> Export and Tools -> Import to the
address book GUI.

--
Chuck McKinnis