Mail to IPNS does not work.

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard

Jan 28, 2010, 12:38:44 AM1/28/10

> And of course, reporting a problem in a forum that the author may or
> may not read is a much better way of getting a resolution than
> following the directions in the included documentation.....

You have it easy. Easy, I tell you!

M. Colby contacted me via electronic mail the other day. I replied,
only to find that mail to IPNS doesn't work. I have to manually bodge
the mail system, overriding some things that IPNS has published in its
DNS data (There's no SMTP Relay server listening where it says there's
an SMTP Relay server.), in order to get messages delivered. I put an
explanation of what was going on and why mail to IPNS was getting stuck
into a mail message addressed to M. Colby and manually bodged the mail
system for long enough that that one message could get through.

Thank your lucky stars that you just get posts in a public discussion
forum that (as you'll have to admit, in fairness) you're a regular
participant in. I get mail that I cannot reply to. (-:

Paul Smedley

Jan 29, 2010, 3:11:29 AM1/29/10
Hi Jonathan,

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:38:44 UTC, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard
<J.deBoynePoll...@NTLWorld.COM> wrote:

> Thank your lucky stars that you just get posts in a public discussion
> forum that (as you'll have to admit, in fairness) you're a regular
> participant in. I get mail that I cannot reply to. (-:

Oh I get that those too :)

--
Cheers,

Paul.