Can't create mail with Notes 4.12

David E Nedrow

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

OK, I give.

I installed Notes 4.1 from the OS/2 Warp 4 CD set. I have a full notes license
that my company previously purchased and is in place.

I was able to install OK and can open and view databases. However, I am unable
to create any type of mail.

When I try to create a memo, I get the following errors:

Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing
LotusScript did not run to completion.

LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

LotuScript Error - Invalid Abstract Data Type.

Invalid formula: unknown function/operator

I thought it might be a problem with the version, so I installed the
incremental unpgrades to 4.11a and then 4.12. I saw the same behaviour under
all.

Does anybody have an idea as to what is causing this?

-David

Luke J Smith

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

I too can not get my mail to work after installing notes and one client
. But I get a message on my server that says check address book and
names. What should I be looking for ?

-Luke

Danny Lawrence

Apr 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/13/97

dne...@iwaynet.net (David E Nedrow) wrote:

>OK, I give.

>I installed Notes 4.1 from the OS/2 Warp 4 CD set. I have a full notes license
> that my company previously purchased and is in place.

>I was able to install OK and can open and view databases. However, I am unable
> to create any type of mail.

>When I try to create a memo, I get the following errors:

>Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing
> LotusScript did not run to completion.

>LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

>LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

>LotuScript Error - Invalid Abstract Data Type.

>Invalid formula: unknown function/operator

>I thought it might be a problem with the version, so I installed the
>incremental unpgrades to 4.11a and then 4.12. I saw the same behaviour under
>all.

>Does anybody have an idea as to what is causing this?

My best guess is that your Mail file is made using the 4.5 template

--Danny Lawrence, Tiassa Technologies Inc.
Lotus Notes Configuration, Development and Management
Tiassa @ ix.Netcom.Com
"Tiassa Dreams and plots are born" --Steven Brust

dma...@voicenet.com

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

I have received similar error when the admin creates the id in a 4.5
client to be instaklled on a 4.11a or 3.3 client. Could that be the
problem??

dne...@iwaynet.net (David E Nedrow) wrote:

>OK, I give.

>I installed Notes 4.1 from the OS/2 Warp 4 CD set. I have a full notes license
> that my company previously purchased and is in place.

>I was able to install OK and can open and view databases. However, I am unable
> to create any type of mail.

>When I try to create a memo, I get the following errors:

>Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing
> LotusScript did not run to completion.

>LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

>LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

>LotuScript Error - Invalid Abstract Data Type.

>Invalid formula: unknown function/operator

>I thought it might be a problem with the version, so I installed the
>incremental unpgrades to 4.11a and then 4.12. I saw the same behaviour under
>all.

>Does anybody have an idea as to what is causing this?

> -David

Marleen Overkamp

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

dne...@iwaynet.net (David E Nedrow) writes:
>I installed Notes 4.1 from the OS/2 Warp 4 CD set. I have a full notes license
> that my company previously purchased and is in place.

>When I try to create a memo, I get the following errors:

>Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing
> LotusScript did not run to completion.
>LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument

[snip]

>I thought it might be a problem with the version, so I installed the
>incremental unpgrades to 4.11a and then 4.12. I saw the same behaviour under
>all.

You are trying to create a memo on the server, aren't you? Sounds like
you have a Notes 4.5 server, and your mail database is using the 4.5
template. There are some extra LotusScript features in 4.5 that a 4.1
client doesn't understand.
Incremental upgrades to 4.11a and 4.12 don't work in this case.
Two solutions:
* Change the template you mail database is using to the StdR4Mail template
(not the StdR45Mail template) The template is probably available on your
own PC. After changing, update the design and you should be able to send
mail again
* Upgrade your client to 4.5.

Hope this helps,
Marleen Overkamp
Notes Developer

David E Nedrow

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

In message <334E56...@usa.net> - Luke J Smith <u...@usa.net> writes:
:>
:>I too can not get my mail to work after installing notes and one client
:>.. But I get a message on my server that says check address book and

:>names. What should I be looking for ?
:>

I had the same problem originally. It turned out that the Notes client that
ships with Warp doesn't have rights to create the mailbox, etc. Your
administrator should be able to do this. I just resurrected my full client ID
and all was well.

David E Nedrow

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

In message <5itsqi$2...@news1.voicenet.com> - dma...@voicenet.com writes:
:>
:>I have received similar error when the admin creates the id in a 4.5

:>client to be instaklled on a 4.11a or 3.3 client. Could that be the

That was indeed the problem, thanks.

Robin Harrison

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97

Your mailfile on the server was created with the 4.5a design. There are
some new Lotus Scripts in 4.5a, that 4.1x versions can't read. You need
to change it to R4 design. Here's how:
From the workspace, select your mailfile by clicking on it once.
On the Toolbar (top of your screen), select FILE, DATABASE, REPLACE
DESIGN.
In the dialog box, scroll down to Mail(R4), and select it & Click on
Replace.
This will change the design of your Mailfile to R4 (instead of R45), but
not the data.
- Robin

David E Nedrow wrote:

> OK, I give.
>

> I installed Notes 4.1 from the OS/2 Warp 4 CD set. I have a full notes license
> that my company previously purchased and is in place.
>

> I was able to install OK and can open and view databases. However, I am unable
> to create any type of mail.
>

> When I try to create a memo, I get the following errors:
>
> Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing
> LotusScript did not run to completion.
>
> LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument
>
> LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument
>

> LotuScript Error - Invalid Abstract Data Type.
>
> Invalid formula: unknown function/operator
>

> I thought it might be a problem with the version, so I installed the
> incremental unpgrades to 4.11a and then 4.12. I saw the same behaviour under
> all.

Bernd Giegerich

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

David E Nedrow wrote:

> Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing
> LotusScript did not run to completion.
> LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument
> LotuScript Error - Bad API Argument
> LotuScript Error - Invalid Abstract Data Type.
> Invalid formula: unknown function/operator
>
> I thought it might be a problem with the version, so I installed the
> incremental unpgrades to 4.11a and then 4.12. I saw the same behaviour under
> all.
>
> Does anybody have an idea as to what is causing this?

Looks like your mailfile uses 4.5 (domino) features. You need Notes V
4.5 installed on your workstation, or change the design of your mailbox
using the mailfile-template delivered with 4.12.

-bg

Tom Dierkes

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97

<< Error loading USE or USELSX module: EmailProcessing >>

Your Mail is 4.5 and your Notes Client is 4.1. Replace design with
Mail4.Ntf

----
\|||/
(o o)