Merry Christmas 2017

Rick C. Hodgin

Dec 23, 2017, 7:35:51 PM12/23/17
Why do Christians celebrate Christmas? Jesus likely was not born
on December 25, but it is a day to remember the time God sent His
own Son into the world to save us from our sin. It was God making
peace with man, rather than condemning him in his sin.

The event was heralded by God with a live chorus of angels lighting
up the night, appearing not before royalty or governors, but to the
night workers, to shepherds watching over their flocks.

The angels proclaimed Mary giving birth to Jesus, who would save all
mankind from their sin.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+2&version=KJV

The enemy has attempted to pervert the day, and associate it with
unholy things. He is trying to make it easy for people to discount
the day as some heinous thing with evil roots. But none of those
attempts change the true gift of Christ (Messiah, Savior) given to
man by God.

So don't let things the enemy's done in this world keep you from
the truth. Seek to know Jesus. Seek to come to the full truth.

-----
You can be reconciled to God today. Jesus has already done everything.
All we have to do is come to Him and ask forgiveness to be forgiven
and to gain eternal life. He wants to do this. It's why you hear
this message from men and women like me. We proclaim the "gospel"
(meaning "good news") that Jesus has come, has triumphed at the
cross, has resurrected from death, and is able to save us now too.

Do you have sin? Are you guilty before God? Ask Jesus to forgive
you and be set free from judgment and gain the Holy Spirit, and
eternal life, as Jesus restores that which sin took away.

Consider your future. Consider your sin. Ask Jesus to forgive you
today and secure your place in His Kingdom Paradise.

Jesus loves you. It's why salvation is free. I love you. It why
I teach you about Him. Love yourself, and provide for your future.

--
Rick C. Hodgin