ZOC Script Tips

William Lynes

Dec 22, 1993, 2:44:54 PM12/22/93

ZOC is a great program and getting better. Here are some items that you may
not be aware of or are undocumented.

1. The command to send an Escape character is "^[".

2. Script problems can be debugged using the command DEBUG 1 to turn on
debugging and DEBUG 0 to turn off debugging (or removing or remarking out
the orginial DEBUG 1 command.

If you have a tip or more information on ZOC scripts please post them.
--
Ciao, Babe.

William Lynes
Internet: ly...@wyvern.com

William Lynes

Dec 27, 1993, 1:07:18 AM12/27/93
// This is a script file for ZOC and UseNet
// and it works!
//
// Suggestions and information about ZOC Scripts
// can be sent to ly...@infinet.com
// Updates will be posted.

// Turning on DEBUG to watch script action.
DEBUG 1

// Attempting to start logging (all logs have been 0 bytes so far.)
LOGNAME "C:\MoDem\ZOC\Logs\ZOCNet"
LOGGING 1

// Setting parameters.

BAUD 57600-8N1

// ZOC will not dial with the following command.
//LOADPREFS "C:\MoDem\ZOC\Options\ZOCNet"

DIAL 627-1828

// Attempting to use the timer which won't work because
// 'Valid CD signal' is disabled or else ZOC and ZOOM don't.
// Anyone else using a ZOOM 14,400 V.42bis internal faxmodem?

// Elapsed time is selected in Options Settings Timings.
RESTIMER
TIMEOUT 45

// Using METAS to ensure connection.
// Credit to Brit Willoughby (FidoNet 1:291/7)
// COMPA <string> WITH <string>
// COMPN <num> WITH <num>
// IFxxxx <command>
// EQU, NEQU If equal or not
// LOW, HIGH, NLOW If lower, higher, or not lower
// BRK, NBRK
// IN, NIN If string is(n't) inside string

WAITLINE
// IFBRK EXIT
COMPA "%lastline%" WITH "BUSY"
IFEQU EXIT
COMPA "%lastline%" WITH "NO CARRIER"
IFEQU EXIT
COMPA "%lastline%" WITH "TIMEOUT"
IFEQU EXIT
COMPA "%lastline%" WITH "ERROR"
IFEQU EXIT
COMPA "%lastline%" WITH "CONNECT 57600"
IFEQU GOTO CONNECTED
GOTO TROUBLE

:CONNECTED
WAIT "login:"
SEND "lynes^M"

// ^M sends a carriage return
// ^[ sends an escape
// ^J
// ^I sends a tab

// Putting up a window so script can be posted.
WAIT "Password:"
ASK "Type your password"
SEND "%lastline%^M"

// Reseting timer since InfiNet takes its time calculating my time.
RESTIMER
TIMEOUT 30

WAIT "Terminal Type (<return> for vt100):"
SEND "^M"

// First, since I use KWQ Mail/2 let's upload the personal mail
// EXEC "Kurt Westerfeld.Cmd"
// SEND "rz^M"
// UPLOAD Z "C:\MoDem\Daily Mail\EMail for PINE"
// UPLOAD Z "C:\MoDem\Daily Mail\Postings"
// Test for successful upload
// If not, go to :TROUBLE

// Second, go to PINE and send email.
// SEND "pine^M"
// Enter PINE and send email.
// Details to be ironed out using capture.
// Anyone able to edit the capture file using EPM?

// Third, go to TIN and get the latest and the greatest.
// Details, details, details
// Post messages on UseNet
// SEND "exit^M"
GOTO END

// Subroutine if thigns go wrong.
// Delays and annoying beeps for time to click on End Script Tool
:TROUBLE
BEEP 10
DELAY 3
BEEP 10
DELAY 3
BEEP 10
DELAY 9
HANGUP
GOTO END

// Only other way out of script.
:END
//EXEC "C:\MoDem\ZOC\Scripts\CleanUp.Cmd"
LOGGING 0
DEBUG 0
// HANGUP
// Not Hanging up until details captured and added to script.

// Misc. Notes
// Do not use semicolons within remarks.

ENDSCRIPT

irvn rynn

Sep 15, 2021, 5:45:32 PM9/15/21
interesting to see thirty year old comments n ZOC, which I just learnt in 2019, and use heavily on Linux servers