IP Printer on NW5

DanS

Oct 7, 2001, 8:14:43 PM10/7/01
Hi

Im trying to install a Lexmark Optra T612 IP Printer on my NW5 server and
share it. Ive made the queue, server and printer, is there something im
missing to do ? Ive heard that lexmark has markvision that makes it work,
but i tried and nothing happened. - NDPS is installed.

Thanks in advance!
Dan

CNA

Oct 8, 2001, 7:19:10 AM10/8/01
Has everybody rights to the objects?

--
CNA

"DanS" <swans...@home.com> wrote in message

DanS

Oct 8, 2001, 2:32:36 PM10/8/01
Yes they do - is there somewhere in the setup that i should be able to put
in the IP address ?

"CNA" <ja...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

Norbert Hahn

Oct 8, 2001, 3:43:30 PM10/8/01
"DanS" <swans...@home.com> wrote:

>Yes they do - is there somewhere in the setup that i should be able to put
>in the IP address ?

NDPS should have a field to enter the IP address of the printer.
The printer must be defined as being some Unix workstation to make
use of lpr as sub-protocol of TCP/IP. At least with my Lexmark C710n
there are two different type of "queues" in the printer to print to:
pcl and ps. The network card of the printer must be configured to
accept lpr. However, I do not use NDPS for printing but some third
party software (pcounter).

Norbert