Inetrnet Gateway

1 view

Andree

Sep 19, 2001, 7:20:15 AM9/19/01
Hi,

which software should I use to give the clients Access to the Internet via
my Netware Server? Is there any open source or other free software on the
net, or is an gateway integrated in an Netware version?

Thanx

Andree Wischnewski

David A. Mair

Sep 19, 2001, 11:19:22 PM9/19/01
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:20:15 +0200, "Andree" <Nobod...@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>which software should I use to give the clients Access to the Internet via
>my Netware Server? Is there any open source or other free software on the
>net, or is an gateway integrated in an Netware version?

NIAS is built into NetWare and it is a reasonable IP router. You need
no special client software unless you plan on doing something unusual
like an IPX to IP gateway.

You simply configure the server with an IP binding on the NIC(s).
Configure the server as an IP router (the default). Ensure that the
NICs have different network addresses (unless you have some load
balancing plan in mind). Configure an AIO board (if you plan to use a
dial-up connection). If you give more details on what you want to do
then I can give specific instruction. How many NICs, what is the
Internet connection type.

The clients you simply setup an IP stack on (maybe a DHCP server to
configure the clients).

Regards,
David.