5.1 server cant see 3.12server ??

emailuser

Nov 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/12/00
my 5.1 server cannot see my 3.12 server but the 3 server can see the 5
server ( using display servers ) ??

any ideas gereatly appreciated
carl

Andy Konecny

Nov 13, 2000, 11:16:54 PM11/13/00
In article <BtAP5.999$%b1.2...@news-1.opaltelecom.net>, Emailuser
wrote:

> my 5.1 server cannot see my 3.12 server but the 3 server can see the 5
> server ( using display servers ) ??

Make sure that users can see both servers

Take a look at Monitor on both, check the LAN/WAN stats to make sure
that the NIC is both transmitting and receiving (numbers increasing).
Maybe you have a bad NIC/Cable/hubport, try different cables/ports.

Are both systems running IPX on the same frame type? 3.x defaults to
EtherNet 802.3, 4.x and 5.x default to EtherNet 802.2. And yes you can
run multiple frame types for IPX, just need to be on their own net
numbers.

Are they both on the same hub? Or do we have a router in between them?

Andy Konecny
Ainsworth, Communication Services
in Toronto, Canada
[are you following the Directory Enabled Net Infrastructure Model]