Novell Netware 5 training courses?

Jay

Feb 17, 2001, 11:54:00 PM2/17/01
Hi,

I have some background in UNIX, Novell Netware 3.12 and JCL job runs
in a mainframe environment. My employer will send me for 1 or 2 weeks
of training in Novell Netware 5.0 administration. I would want a
training course tagged to Novell certification although I do not need
to take the certification test.

Has anyone taken such a training course or knows of a training company
that might give such a course preferably in Manhattan?

I don't want to waste my time and effort but I do want to sharpen my
skills so as to make a contribution to the administration of Netware 5
based LAN's.

Any pointers or recommendations or horror stories would be helpful.

Thanks.

Jay
jr...@columbia.edu

Michiel Overweel

Feb 18, 2001, 9:38:18 AM2/18/01
"Jay" <jr...@columbia.edu> wrote in message

> I have some background in UNIX, Novell Netware 3.12 and JCL job runs
> in a mainframe environment. My employer will send me for 1 or 2 weeks
> of training in Novell Netware 5.0 administration. I would want a
> training course tagged to Novell certification although I do not need
> to take the certification test.
>
> Has anyone taken such a training course or knows of a training company
> that might give such a course preferably in Manhattan?
>
> I don't want to waste my time and effort but I do want to sharpen my
> skills so as to make a contribution to the administration of Netware 5
> based LAN's.

Probably the best training courses for you to get started are NetWare 5
Administration and NetWare 5 Advanced Administration. Taking these courses
at a Novell Authorized Education Center (NAEC) will ensure you're being
taught by a Certified Novell Instructor (CNI), using the official Novell
training course material. Go to the Novell Education website at
http://www.novell.com/education for more info on training and certification.
Click "Where to get training" to find a NAEC in your area. Good luck!
--
Kind regards,
Michiel Overweel CNE