NDS over IP

Stephan Bourdon

Sep 4, 2001, 2:28:11 PM9/4/01
Hi,

I have the following setup: 2 LANs (192.168.1.x and 192.168.4.x)
connected over a wireless segment (made up of 2 linux boxes with lucent
wireless cards, 172.0.0.x).

I have a NW 5 server on the first LAN. The users (Win95 with latest
client from Novell) on the second LAN should be able to log on to the
server in the first segment. Can someone please give me an outline on
how to do this (services, if any, to be installed/loaded, on the server
or on the clients, etc)?

Thanks in advance & best regards

Sep 4, 2001, 6:03:49 PM9/4/01
Are both segments and servers in the same NDS Tree?????

Dan Healy

Sep 4, 2001, 7:22:35 PM9/4/01
Ip loaded on the server and the clients. Make sure you can ping each
other before Ping further.
Make the the propper IP port is allowed through the linux boxes. Port 524 I
think

Specify the Ip addess of the server for the server setting on the client.
Of setup hosts files. Unless your linix box is DNS server too.

Dan

.
"Stephan Bourdon" <stephan...@sintlukas.be> wrote in message

CNA

Sep 13, 2001, 5:22:17 AM9/13/01
Probably not, otherwise it is an easy job.

--
Novell is not dead, it just smells funny!
NDS ROCKS!

"M" <CSCH...@HOUSTON.rr.com> wrote in message