Netware Logging of NWAdmin Actions

Gary Warner

Sep 27, 2000, 11:53:50 PM9/27/00

I'm wondering about implementing the audit / logging feature of Netware.
Currently our company does not use this feature - but we're considering it.
I've been told that the drain on CPU, Disk space, and the network bandwidth
can be large. I'm wondering if there are different levels of logging and
also if it must be turned on enterprise wide (100+ servers) or can be on a
per server basis.

If you are familiar with this and can answer I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gary

Anders Gustafsson

Oct 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/2/00
In article <ihzA5.290$uO1....@typhoon1.ba-dsg.net>, Gary Warner wrote:
> I've been told that the drain on CPU, Disk space, and the network bandwidth
> can be large.
Depends on what you log..

> I'm wondering if there are different levels of logging and
> also if it must be turned on enterprise wide (100+ servers) or can be on a
> per server basis.

Per OU and event..

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE, ASE
NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/)
Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195