FTP Client Source Code

Andy

Jul 29, 2004, 12:13:29 PM7/29/04
Does anyone have any C\C++ source code for an FTP Client in DOS. I am
trying to program a DOS-based hand-held scanner and need to send data
via FTP, but I can't call a seperate FTP Client program from within
mine, as there is insufficient memory available.

Can anyone help please.

Andy
an...@norprint.co.uk

colone...@yahoo.com

Aug 1, 2004, 1:50:44 PM8/1/04
On 29 Jul 2004, Andy wrote:

> Does anyone have any C\C++ source code for an FTP Client in DOS. I am
> trying to program a DOS-based hand-held scanner and need to send data
> via FTP, but I can't call a seperate FTP Client program from within
> mine, as there is insufficient memory available.

Iirc the source for nsca telnet available and it includes ftp.

Do you have to use ftp? Is tftp possible? the main point of tftp is
smallness and this might releive pressure on some other part ot the
project. Look in sources for network booting for more info. One advantage
here is that these are usually written to go into a 64k or 128k rom for
booting over a network.
The version of kermit for dos is free and the source is available for
at some versions. It has it's own protocol for file tranfer.

Look around a bit at www.fdisk.com & www.crynwr.com (under the packet
drivers.)

lynx has has an ftp client too. --check for both doslynx and lynx for dos,
they are two different versions.

Check the minix source code too. minix1.hampshire.edu

3ch

Andy

Aug 16, 2004, 7:43:40 AM8/16/04
Thnx for that, it helped a lot