Running DOS 7 (W98se) - how to set insert mode ?

R.Wieser

May 30, 2021, 4:42:36 AM5/30/21
Hello all,

I'm currently booting a machine which has DOS 7 (from Win98se) as its OS,
and get a commandline with the "insert" mode defaulting to OFF. I would
like to have it defaulting to ON (matching my other 'puters).

I've looked it the BIOS settings for it, but its not there. I've DDGed for
a method to tell DOS 7 to do so, but could not find anything in that
direction. :-\

tl;dr: Does anyone here know how to tell DOS 7 to set the default "insert"
mode to ON on its commandline ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

R.Wieser

May 30, 2021, 6:56:55 AM5/30/21
> tl;dr: Does anyone here know how to tell DOS 7 to set the default "insert"
> mode to ON on its commandline ?

Scratch the question. I was looking (searching) at the wrong spot.

Somewhere during my (further) searches I realized that I'm using "doskey"
[1] (to retrieve previously use commandlines), and that one almost
immediatily showed me how to do it. :-)

[1]
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/doskey

Regards,