Stack Overflow, System halted

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jun 29, 2020, 5:41:39 AM6/29/20
Happens once a month, not such a big deal, but it happens during
kermit dialup session. Anything obvious I should do?
(Yeah, new computer, I know. Not that.)

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com

T. Ment

Jun 29, 2020, 10:13:27 AM6/29/20
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:41:38 +0000 (UTC),
vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

> Happens once a month, not such a big deal, but it happens during
> kermit dialup session. Anything obvious I should do?

Stacks=9.256 likely won't help since kermit grabs the serial port IRQ.
last. Probably a kermit problem, stack too small. Fix and recompile. Or
use something else.

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 4, 2020, 6:59:13 AM7/4/20

*+-> Happens once a month, not such a big deal, but it happens during
*+-> kermit dialup session. Anything obvious I should do?

*+-Stacks=9.256 likely won't help since kermit grabs the serial port IRQ.
*+-last. Probably a kermit problem, stack too small. Fix and recompile. Or
*+-use something else.

Thanks. It just freaked me out.
But then I realised I had use pop/push to unzip what I downloaded
Normally I didn't used to do it. THat may have been why.

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 5, 2020, 4:02:24 AM7/5/20
Happened just now. It seems to happen at a time (if 3-5am) when I used to
have it print out my daily schedule (DOS file). Maybe that contributes to
the problem. The printer is long dead and unpowered. Both the computer and
the computer are from 1995. But I far prefer how DOS Kermit looks with bash
unix, which is what I mostly use this machine for. Plus the other machines
have USB modems which aren't as stable as the 1995 card. My stuff is
cluttered, even if I had the money, it would take months to reconfigure.

T. Ment

Jul 5, 2020, 10:57:26 AM7/5/20
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 08:02:23 +0000 (UTC),
vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

> I far prefer how DOS Kermit looks with bash unix

Makes no sense to me.