My VBDOS program stopped working!

Harry Potter

Feb 6, 2021, 11:35:30 PMFeb 6
Hi! I have a program I'm creating for C users using VBDOS 1.0, and, lately, when I load it with VBDOS, VBDOS keeps displaying a Runtime error R6810 message and crashes. What can cause this?

JJ

Feb 7, 2021, 2:11:10 AMFeb 7
Stack overflow. Likely due to added TSRs, or the CONFIG.SYS' STACKS value
has been decreased.

Rod Pemberton

Feb 7, 2021, 3:56:19 AMFeb 7
On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 20:35:30 -0800 (PST)
Harry Potter <rose.j...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi!

At this point, you're completely sane. Hurray!

> I have a program I'm creating for C users

At this point, you're still completely sane. Yeah!

> using VBDOS 1.0, and,

So, you're creating a program for C users which is coded in Visual
Basic? Yup, unh-huh, okay, gotcha ...

So, at this point, I'm thinking that you've /COMPLETELY/ lost it.

Um, tell me now, just what would you do with a program that someone
coded for VBDOS users using COBOL? ...

FYI, I actually had to look up what VBDOS was: M$ Visual Basic.

Anyway, I'm ROFL at the thought of this. Sorry if that irks you, but,
hopefully, my question above got the point across.

AISI, the only reason to /not/ code a program for C users using C to
do so, is to bootstrap C code. Almost no one needs to ever bootstrap C
code anymore, as everyone has access to a C compiler on every platform.
Lack of ubiquity is another reason to not use VBDOS. Yes, it's true
that the C users could port your program to C, if they wanted C code
instead of VBDOS code. However, they'd find it much easier to start
from nothing and recreate the functionality of your code, but entirely
coded in C. It's very easy to take the inputs to a program and the
outputs of a program and create new code that will do exactly the same.

--
Microsoft:"You can't fix it."
Linux:"You can't compile it."

Harry Potter

Mar 30, 2021, 7:31:31 AMMar 30
The reason I think it's okay to code a C-targeting program in VBDOS is that the program performs functions for C. Now, I have a similar issue: I have a WinXP laptop at my mother's house with VBDOS installed under DOSBox, and, whenever I run VBDOS, the computer displays the same message. This doesn't happen on my Win10/64 laptop. I don't see any significant change in the .conf file. What could be causing *that*?

Robert Riebisch

May 13, 2021, 3:58:38 PMMay 13
Harry Potter wrote:

> The reason I think it's okay to code a C-targeting program in VBDOS is that the program performs functions for C. Now, I have a similar issue: I have a WinXP laptop at my mother's house with VBDOS installed under DOSBox, and, whenever I run VBDOS, the computer displays the same message. This doesn't happen on my Win10/64 laptop. I don't see any significant change in the .conf file. What could be causing *that*?

Do you use different DOSBox versions/builds on the two computers?

--
Robert Riebisch

Harry Potter

May 15, 2021, 6:03:39 PMMay 15