Grupuri Google nu mai acceptă postările sau abonamentele noi Usenet. Conținutul anterior este în continuare vizibil.

Do you know PC-Outline/Brown Bag Software?

385 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Howard Price

necitită,
9 apr. 1997, 03:00:0009.04.1997

I'm still using a great old dos outliner, PC-Outline, from Brown Bag
Software. I'd like to check with the author, but have no name in the
manual or program, and old phone numbers don't work.
Any ideas?

Mark Stotzer

necitită,
10 apr. 1997, 03:00:0010.04.1997

Have you tried a Web Search for the author or program name?

hpr...@utsurg.med.uth.tmc.edu (Howard Price) wrote:

Support Engineer, SSCS Inc. and author of: ******
*"DOS/Windows Help Page": http://pw2.netcom.com/~stotzerm/help.html**
*"ATP/Pro Pilot Corner" : http://www.erols.com/fsnews/news/atp.html**
*"SSCS Corporate Site : http://pw2.netcom.com/~stotzerm/sscs.html**

jessica...@gmail.com

necitită,
19 iul. 2015, 11:01:3619.07.2015
On Wednesday, April 9, 1997 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Howard Price wrote:
> I'm still using a great old dos outliner, PC-Outline, from Brown Bag
> Software. I'd like to check with the author, but have no name in the
> manual or program, and old phone numbers don't work.
> Any ideas?

Hi Howard - I just started up my old Toshiba 1600 and it runs brownbag software security for User Name & Password (which after over 20 years being laid up, I have completely forgotten).
Do you know a way to get past it??

Justin

Marcus Houlden

necitită,
20 iul. 2015, 20:19:2220.07.2015
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 08:01:35 -0700 (PDT), jessica...@gmail.com <jessica...@gmail.com>
wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc:
Howard's post is from 1997 so he's probably not still around to read it.
However, I assume you could just boot the laptop from a floppy disk, edit
AUTOEXEC.BAT and remove references to whatever starts up the security
system. A quick Google suggests it might be Brown Bag Power Menu but the
company seems to have disappeared in the early 90s with this lawsuit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bag_Software_v._Symantec_Corp.

mh.
--
http://www.nukesoft.co.uk
http://www.houlden.org

Rowby Goren

necitită,
21 sept. 2022, 09:03:1921.09.2022

Rowby Goren

necitită,
21 sept. 2022, 09:05:0621.09.2022
On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 5:19:22 PM UTC-7, Marcus Houlden wrote:
John Friend was the author of Grandview, which apparently was based on PC Outliner. Alas Grandview is not available for Windows and has been abandoned. Too bad.
0 mesaje noi