Alternative to uart 16550

True Concepts

Jun 26, 2021, 4:26:45 AM6/26/21
I am working on a project in which I have to use uart 16550 but its not available in proteous so anyone can tell me what its alternative is?

Evgeniy

Jun 26, 2021, 8:52:46 AM6/26/21
Hello, True!

On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 01:26:44 -0700 (PDT)
True Concepts <abuzar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on a project in which I have to use uart 16550 but its not available in proteous so anyone can tell me what its alternative is?

It depends on what do you exactly want: just any UART (may be with buffering) or UART 16550 I/O port compatible UART. I do not work with Proteus and do not know what models are supported, but may be some of listed models persists. If you need some way compatible UART you can use 16450 or classical 8250 (16550 is some way updated historical 8250). If you do not need 16550 compatibility, may be you can use MC2681/SCC2681 (easy to work with them).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8250_UART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_asynchronous_receiver-transmitter#UART_models

------
With Best Regards,