set statement

CRNG

Aug 15, 2018, 4:15:23 AM8/15/18
Hello All,

I'm looking at a script written in 4nt v7.01 in which there is a
statement:

set bytes_sec = %@eval[%fsize / %secs=0.0]

which is obviously calculating a byte rate by dividing a file size by
seconds. My question is: what does the "0.0" in %secs=0.0 do? I'm
guessing that it replaces the value of %secs with 0.0 _after_ secs is
used in the calculation.

Is that correct?

CRNG

Aug 16, 2018, 11:48:31 AM8/16/18
On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 16:11:13 +0000 (UTC), hopflop <---@---.--> wrote
in <XnsA93FC32F84...@46.165.242.75>

>CRNG <noe...@atthisdomain.gov> typed with big furry paws:
>
>> Hello All,
>
>Hi!
>
>> I'm looking at a script written in 4nt v7.01 in which there is a
>> statement:
>>
>> set bytes_sec = %@eval[%fsize / %secs=0.0]
>
>It sets minimum and maximum decimal precision.
>
>0.0 cuts of all decimals (and rounds up) to full seconds.
>2.5 would show 2 to 5 decimals.
>
>See help file under @EVAL, scroll to the end.

Thanks very much! I was looking at the "SET" help instead of at the
"EVAL" help. Duh...