bat code help

John Sowden

Jun 13, 2014, 1:00:52 AM6/13/14
I use foxpro on a network to write error messages. when I boot my
computer in my office, I have a bat prog that allows me to see all of
the .err files on the remote computers on the lan. My code allows me to
view the file, by selecting it from the select list, but I want to
selectively delete the file I just viewed. I thought I read in the doc
(I am using v7.5 still) that I could run a program in the select line,
or a batch file. I would like to run a subroutine in my program so I
can view and answer a yn to delete or not. I could not find anything in
the help system or the examples.btm file.

Thoughts?

John

Stan Brown

Jun 13, 2014, 4:09:36 AM6/13/14
Your description is not very clear, but you can certainly run a
subroutine. See the GOSUB command.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

CRNG

Jun 13, 2014, 7:10:34 AM6/13/14
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 04:09:36 -0400, Stan Brown
<the_sta...@fastmail.fm> wrote in
<MPG.2e047bcd5...@news.individual.net>

>On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:00:52 -0700, John Sowden wrote:
>>
>> I use foxpro on a network to write error messages. when I boot my
>> computer in my office, I have a bat prog that allows me to see all of
>> the .err files on the remote computers on the lan. My code allows me to
>> view the file, by selecting it from the select list, but I want to
>> selectively delete the file I just viewed. I thought I read in the doc
>> (I am using v7.5 still) that I could run a program in the select line,
>> or a batch file. I would like to run a subroutine in my program so I
>> can view and answer a yn to delete or not. I could not find anything in
>> the help system or the examples.btm file.
>
>Your description is not very clear, but you can certainly run a
>subroutine. See the GOSUB command.

I'm not sure I understand how you are doing the viewing. You can view
a file with the LIST command which allows you to delete the file you
are viewing with the DELETE key. For example if you

LIST *.txt

you will be able to view all the .txt files and delete any of them.

John Sowden

Jun 13, 2014, 8:41:23 PM6/13/14
On 06/13/2014 01:09 AM, Stan Brown wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:00:52 -0700, John Sowden wrote:
>>
>> I use foxpro on a network to write error messages. when I boot my
>> computer in my office, I have a bat prog that allows me to see all of
>> the .err files on the remote computers on the lan. My code allows me to
>> view the file, by selecting it from the select list, but I want to
>> selectively delete the file I just viewed. I thought I read in the doc
>> (I am using v7.5 still) that I could run a program in the select line,
>> or a batch file. I would like to run a subroutine in my program so I
>> can view and answer a yn to delete or not. I could not find anything in
>> the help system or the examples.btm file.
>
> Your description is not very clear, but you can certainly run a
> subroutine. See the GOSUB command.

That is what I would like to do, but I could not find in the doc "how
to" insert a gosub (subname) in the select command line instead of a
program name, such as edit or list

John

Klaus Meinhard

Jun 16, 2014, 3:05:45 AM6/16/14
Hallo John,

> That is what I would like to do, but I could not find in the doc "how
> to" insert a gosub (subname) in the select command line instead of a
> program name, such as edit or list

Take a look at the @select function. Use SET to put your selected file
into a variable, and from then its pretty straightforward.

--
Herzliche Grüße,

* Klaus Meinhard *