Size of directory selection box in TCC/LE

Ralf Brinkmann

Feb 2, 2016, 9:20:22 AM2/2/16
Hi everybody!

I hope, here are still some more people than only Klaus, who helped me a
lot with my last problem.

Now:

If I'm on the command line prompt in TCC/LE and want to change to a
directory, that's name exists in various directories and subdirectories,
a selection box appears with all the possible targets.

This box is so small that I can't even read the first paths.

How can I set the size of this box constantly to higher values, for
example the entire width of the screen and half the length?

Gruß, Ralf
--
Windows 10x64
Opera 36.x

Klaus Meinhard

Feb 2, 2016, 11:17:50 AM2/2/16
Hallo Ralf,

> If I'm on the command line prompt in TCC/LE and want to change to a
> directory, that's name exists in various directories and subdirectories,
> a selection box appears with all the possible targets.
>
> This box is so small that I can't even read the first paths.

On my desktop, I can simply drag the sides with my mouse to the desired
width and height. Can't you?

--
Herzliche Grüße,

* Klaus Meinhard *

Ralf Brinkmann

Feb 2, 2016, 1:59:56 PM2/2/16
Hallo Klaus!

*Klaus Meinhard*:

>> This box is so small that I can't even read the first paths.

> On my desktop, I can simply drag the sides with my mouse to the desired
> width and height. Can't you?

Of course, I can do everything with my mouse. But that's not what I
want. I want to open this pop up window always as wide as the
TCC/LE-windows is. I have also tried to use the key combination
ALT-Space and X, but that didn't work. I found something in the INI-File
called PopUpWindowWidth, but that didn't work, too. Maybe this is from
old 4DOS. Any other idea?

CRNG

Feb 2, 2016, 4:13:29 PM2/2/16
On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:59:50 +0100, Ralf Brinkmann
<ralf.brinkma...@t-online.de> wrote in
<1gr6va7y...@ralf.brinkmann.wiesbaden.dialin.t-online.de>
So you want to change the default initial width of the "Change
Directory" pop-up window? I don't think I have ever seen a way to do
that.

Klaus Meinhard

Feb 3, 2016, 8:26:30 AM2/3/16
Hallo Ralf,

PopUpWindowWidth is working here. The width is set in pixels, not chars :-)
Try a value of abaou 600 .

Ralf Brinkmann

Feb 3, 2016, 10:43:42 AM2/3/16
Hallo Klaus!

*Klaus Meinhard*:

> PopUpWindowWidth is working here.

PopUpWindowWith is denied here. The name must bei PopUpWinWidth. But all
these PopUp... keynames did not change anything here.

But I found out, that this one worked:

CDDWinLeft=20
CDDWinTop=20
CDDWinWidth=2350
CDDWinHeight=1250

> The width is set in pixels, not chars :-)
> Try a value of abaou 600 .

Yes, rather confusing everything.

Klaus Meinhard

Feb 4, 2016, 3:00:26 AM2/4/16
Hallo Ralf,

>> PopUpWindowWidth is working here.
> PopUpWindowWith is denied here. The name must bei PopUpWinWidth. But all
> these PopUp... keynames did not change anything here.
>
> But I found out, that this one worked:
>
> CDDWinLeft=20
> CDDWinTop=20
> CDDWinWidth=2350
> CDDWinHeight=1250

Oops, I tried it with a popup window :-)

And you can do it from within TCC:

OPTION [/U //Optionsname[=Wert ...]][Optionsname]
/U(pdate - Aktualisieren)
Optionsname: Name der zu setzenden/ändernden Option in der
INI-Datei
Wert: Neuer Wert für diese Option

Ralf Brinkmann

Feb 4, 2016, 8:59:13 AM2/4/16
Hallo Klaus!

*Klaus Meinhard*:

>>> PopUpWindowWidth is working here.

>> CDDWinLeft=20
>> CDDWinTop=20
>> CDDWinWidth=2350
>> CDDWinHeight=1250

> Oops, I tried it with a popup window :-)

What is a popup window? I have the TCC/LE command line opened in a
maximised window and when I type "brinkmann\downloads\" another small
window opens for the correct path selection. I thought this is a popup
window.

> And you can do it from within TCC:

> OPTION [/U //Optionsname[=Wert ...]][Optionsname]
> /U(pdate - Aktualisieren)
> Optionsname: Name der zu setzenden/ändernden Option in der
> INI-Datei
> Wert: Neuer Wert für diese Option

Ok, I can try this out. I have used "option" to open the new option
window and I think, there are not all possible options and settings
visible.

Klaus Meinhard

Feb 4, 2016, 9:14:27 AM2/4/16
Hallo Ralf Brinkmann,

> Ok, I can try this out. I have used "option" to open the new option
> window and I think, there are not all possible options and settings
> visible.

That's right. Rex doesn't like user's fiddling with some options,
because they produce a lot of support questions.