Symantec GHOST is troubling !!!

"@earthlinkspam.net >

Aug 31, 2004, 12:19:38 AM8/31/04

I have bene trying to back up my WIn2000 Professional using Ghost.

I used the bootable floppy(s) to create a *.gho file and then I removed
the Ghost installation from my pc.

I wanted to burn the *.GHO file using CDR so I edited the "AUTOEXEC.EXE"
by adding "-split=680 -auto"

cd \ghost
echo Loading...
GHOST.EXE -split=680 -auto
goto END

In my case, I ave 2 floppy's - so I edited both "AUTOEXEC.EXE" files
identically.

Its taking ever to creat a *.gho file that I wonder what's going on.

Also, after booting my PC with the Ghost floppy, booting my PC first few
times normally a problem!

I just wanted to create a 1 or 2 nice CD's so that I can recover my pc
desktop easily in case of a disaster.

Pls help me.

"@earthlinkspam.net >

Aug 31, 2004, 12:09:56 PM8/31/04
Sorry;

I am lost;

My HD has 3 partitions and its FAT32;

I installed GHOST and created teh floppy - it needed 2 floppy's.

Then I created the backup *.GHO file in one of the partition - I also
uninstalled the GHOST.

Then I realized that I can't back it up on to the CDs as a single *.GHO
file that made the change to floppies as per my earlier posting below so
that I will have 2 *Gho files that I can burn to 2 CDs. Ever since I
made the change, its taking ever to backup.

Sorry, I couldn't follow your reply.