Net Send quit working

GE

Sep 8, 2004, 11:44:33 AM9/8/04
Sometime around installing SP2 for XP I noticed I can not use the NET
SEND command to any users.

Any known issue with NET SEND and XP2?

GE

Rick Wintjen

Sep 8, 2004, 9:29:44 PM9/8/04
Net Send and the service that supports it is considered a security risk,
and is disabled by default in SP2.

cyberoptiq

Sep 21, 2004, 11:48:04 AM9/21/04
Type services.msc at the command prompt, where you see "Messenger
Service", start it again if it's disabled. Don't confuse this with
Windows MSN Messenger as they are two different thing's. The Messenger
Service allow's you to send broadcast message's to user's.