DOS, 95 and 98 multiboot

1 view

Supratim Sanyal

Dec 11, 2020, 9:04:56 PM12/11/20
folks - I am not a multiboot expert, and this has probably been beaten
to death but I am getting confused by all the forum posts.

I installed MS-DOS 6.22, and then Windows 95C on the same partition, all
good. Then I installed Windows 98SE on a different partition. Still all
good, except that "Previous version of MS-DOS" from the Windows 98 boot
menu drops me to MS-DOS 6.22.

Obviously I was wrong in thinking it would drop me into the Windows 95
boot menu, from which I could choose "Normal" windows 95 or MS-DOS (some
sort of chain loader).

So - are there any tricks for me to be able to boot into Windows 95 from
Windows 98, and then from Windows 95 to MS-DOS or stay in Windows 95?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Supratim Sanyal