How can I set the desctop icon's text background to 'transparent' ?

1 view

Tim Craig

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
I want to set the text that appears beneath the dsctop icons to
'transparent' so that only the text is visibale on my wallpaper.

Can this be done ?

Kai Schaetzl

Feb 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/22/96
Tim Craig wrote on Wed, 21 Feb 1996 17:20:24 GMT:

>I want to set the text that appears beneath the dsctop icons to
>'transparent' so that only the text is visibale on my wallpaper.
>
>Can this be done ?

As far as I know: NO !!!
The color is the same as the desktop color, it`s "shining thru" the icon
text "windows" of the wallpaper from the "underlying" desktop. You can only
try to change the desktop color to a one fitting most ....

Kai

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
email: bol...@zedat.fu-berlin.de
CIS: 101476,2735

esther....@csd83.org

Aug 30, 2019, 7:27:37 PM8/30/19

Ant

Sep 17, 2019, 4:13:12 PM9/17/19
> I want to set the text that appears beneath the dsctop icons to
> 'transparent' so that only the text is visibale on my wallpaper.
>
> Can this be done ?

I don't think you can in old W95. :(
--
Colony is still currently recovering from an over 2.5 weeks old nasty
flu! It came early too. Also, right neck muscle hurts badly. :(
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )