maxtor hd issues

Techie

Mar 26, 2003, 11:17:17 PM3/26/03
I recently bought a new/refurb computer, and have formatted my new hd, I am
now getting a message, just before the system tries to read where to boot
from "SDRAM at DIMM # :1" ( can get into my computer when I disconnect new
hd and boot with old hard drive so it is not the ram) and it sits there
forever, I have read everything on maxtors' web site for this issue, and
have tried everything, is there anyone who can help? It's a maxtor 30 gig
hard drive, diamond plus 8 and I am running win2k.

I changed all the jumpers around to every combination,, and set new hard
drive to slave, and master switched cables, set it alone on the
cables...have tried every possible tech trouble shooting solution I can
think of...anyone ever seen this and gotten through it??

Thx