ScanjetIIcx and Windows NT 4.0.

magda muskala

Feb 20, 2003, 8:21:10 PM2/20/03
I have installed the driver for ScanjetIIcx (I loaded sj130en).
The SCISI adapter is added and listed.
There is no ressorce conflict.
But if I want to use the software (I installed it also from this package
sj130en), I get the blue screen.
I must make cold reboot.
Now with the login - widow I get the message, that at least one service
doesn' t work properly.
The logs say, that the device is not found.

I use a isa - scasi card to connect the scanner with pc.
I updated the SP to SP6.

Any hints?

TIA

--
magda
magdalen...@euv-frankfurt-o.de

Bob Niland

Feb 23, 2003, 11:32:54 PM2/23/03
> I have installed the driver for ScanjetIIcx

The NCR 53C400A ISA McSCSI card shipped with the
IIcx does not have its IRQ lines connected to the
backplane. As far as I know, non-interrupt ISA
drivers, although common in Win3.1/95/98/ME,
are impossible in NT/2K/XP.

If you don't have a "real" ISA SCSI card, like
an Adaptec AHA-1540, it will likely be cheaper
to replace the whole scanner with a new low-end
scanner than to acquire the card and cable.

If you need a card, and have a PCI slot, an
AHA-2940 is much easier to install and use, but
the card and cable (and you will definitely need
a new cable), easily costs more than a new scanner
comparable to the IIcx.

If you already have a real SCSI card, you need to:

a. "install to existing SCSI" and avoiding the card driver

b. unfortunately, the install process will still load
the antique NCR ASPI layer. You need to get the
current ASPI for your SCSI card, ASPI32.EXE for
Adaptec cards. Install it after DeskScan.

> (I loaded sj130en).

If that isn't DeskScan 2.9, get 2.9 from HP.

Regards, PO Box 248
Bob Niland Enterprise
mailto:na...@ispname.domain Kansas
which, due to spam, is: 67441-0248 USA
email4rjn AT yahoo DOT com
http://www.access-one.com/rjn

Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing personal
opinions and NOT speaking for any employer, client or Internet
Service Provider.