Printing to a Standard TCP/IP Port - works in XP but not '98 - Help Needed

Mark Hobley

Feb 22, 2004, 12:28:47 PM2/22/04
I am using a DLINK DP100 Print Server, which connects into the network
hub and provides two parallel printer ports.

I want my Windows 98 machine to print to this directly.

Under Windows XP, I can do this.

Under Windows XP, the following settings are showing for the printer:

Port: PS1
Printer: HP Laserjet 4

Protocol: RAW
Port Number: 9100

I do not appear to have the facility to print to a standard TCP/IP
port on Windows 98.

Is there a patch that I can apply to Windows '98 to allow me to print
to a standard TCP/IP port.

There is a patch to print to an LPR port, but this doesn't seem to
work.

I do not wish to use IPX to work around this. I just want windows to
print to a Standard TCP/IP port, as XP does.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this