Dual Boot help!

Lord Blue

Dec 28, 2003, 11:28:13 AM12/28/03
Sorry about the cross post, but I wanted to make sure that I got this to
every windows support NG.

I really need some help configuring my dual boot setup of Windows XP & 98.
I have both installed, but I am only booting to 98, and not getting the
option to boot to XP at all, how do I fix this( the text from boot.ini would
be nice)? Also, just to make sure I have everything else setup right could
someone give me the list of files that I will need to have in the root of my
C drive?

Thanks in advance.

philo

Dec 28, 2003, 11:35:32 AM12/28/03

"Lord Blue" <Lord...@hotmailmightbe.com> wrote in message

boot from your XP cd
from the repair console issue the command : fixboot

Lord Blue

Dec 29, 2003, 11:55:18 AM12/29/03
Thanks, I'll try it
"philo" <ph...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Lord Blue

Jan 2, 2004, 2:36:22 PM1/2/04
fixboot worked, sort of...now whenever I try to boot to win98, it says that
"\windows\system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt" but hal.dll is not a
win98 file, so what is the deal here?

murph

Jan 15, 2004, 11:29:27 AM1/15/04
"Lord Blue" <Lord...@hotmailmightbe.com> wrote in message news:<WKjJb.43168$xX.154270@attbi_s02>...

just use linux and u will not have such problem